THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS INTENDED FOR PLAY IN THE UNITED STATES (EXCLUDING ALASKA AND HAWAII) ONLY. DO NOT ENTER THE SWEEPSTAKES UNLESS YOU ARE A LEGAL U.S. RESIDENT AT THE TIME OF PARTICIPATION.
BOWHUNTERS BONANZA SWEEPSTAKES (“SWEEPSTAKES”)
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN A PRIZE. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. A VALID EMAIL ADDRESS IS REQUIRED TO PARTICIPATE.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of the forty-eight (48) contiguous United States and the District of Columbia, who are eighteen (18) years of age or older (nineteen  years of age or older if a resident of Alabama or Nebraska) at the time of entry. The Sweepstakes is void in Alaska, Hawaii and where prohibited by law. Employees, officers and directors of Bowhunters United (the “Sponsor”), its parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, dealers, distributors, web design, advertising and promotion agencies involved in the administration, development, fulfillment and execution of this Sweepstakes (collectively, the “Promotion Parties”), their respective IRS dependents and immediate family members (e.g., spouse, parent, child, sibling, and their respective spouses and the “steps” of each, regardless of where they reside), and individuals residing in their same household are not eligible to participate or win. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Sponsor reserves the right, at any time, to verify eligibility requirements in any manner it deems appropriate. By participating in the Sweepstakes, each eligible entrant (the “Entrant” or “You”) agrees to these Official Rules (the “Official Rules”), which constitute a final and binding contract in all respects.
2. SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: The Sweepstakes begins on September 1, 2022 at 8:00:00 a.m. Central Time (“CT”) and ends on December 30, 2023 at 11:59:59 p.m. CT (“Sweepstakes Period”). The time clock of the computer administering this Sweepstakes is the official timekeeping device for this Sweepstakes.
3. HOW TO ENTER: There are three (3) ways to enter the Sweepstakes as described below:
(A) Become a Bowhunters United Member (“Online Entry”): During the Sweepstakes Period, visit bowhuntersunited.com (the “Website”) and follow the online instructions to become a Bowhunters United member. To create a membership, look for the Sweepstakes mention and click on the “Join Today” link on the Website and complete and submit the online registration form as indicated on the Website. Upon completing the membership registration, you will automatically receive one (1) entry into the random drawing.
(B) Become a Bowhunters United Member (“Mail Entry”): Sign up to become a Bowhunters United member by completing and returning the Official Entry Form from a personalized offer you received in the mail. Mail Entries must be postmarked by December 30, 2023 and received by January 6, 2024.
(C) To enter without purchasing a Bowhunters United membership (also, a “Mail Entry”), hand print your first and last name, complete mailing address (no PO Boxes), daytime phone number, date of birth, and email address on a 3” x 5” index card or piece of paper and place your entry into a hand addressed outer-mailing envelope with proper postage you affixed and mail it to: Bowhunters Bonanza Sweepstakes Entry, PO Box 70, New Ulm, MN 56073. Mail Entries must be postmarked by December 30, 2023 and received by January 6, 2024. Limit one (1) Mail-In Entry per hand-addressed, stamped-outer envelope per person.
“Online Entry” and “Mail Entry” may hereinafter be referred to as “Entry”. No photocopied or mechanically reproduced entries accepted. No responsibility is assumed by Sponsor for lost, late, mutilated, illegible, incomplete, misdirected or postage-due mail or Entries. Entries become property of Sponsor and will not be returned. See Section 4 for random drawing details. Entry Limit: One (1) entry per person, regardless of entry method.
Entry submission must be manually key stroked and/or manually entered by the individual Entrant. Multiple Entrants may not share the same email address. A potential winner may be requested to provide Sponsor with proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the winning Entry and/or an eligible Entrant. Any suspected use of automated and/or repetitive electronic submission of Entries (including but not limited to Entries made using any script, macro, bot or sweepstakes service) will disqualify such Entries and transmissions from these or related email addresses/IP addresses may be blocked. If is discovered that an Entrant attempted to use multiple email addresses, phone numbers and/or mailing addresses or manipulated such information for the purpose of obtaining more than one (1) Entry into the Sweepstakes, such persons will be immediately disqualified from the Sweepstakes; all of his/her Entries will be deemed invalid; and any prize won by such person shall be forfeited.
4. RANDOM DRAWING: The potential winners will be selected in a random drawing on or about January 10, 2024 from among all eligible Entries received (via all entry methods) for the Sweepstakes. The random drawing will be conducted by the Sponsor, whose decisions are final in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible Entries received. Limit one (1) prize per person/household.
5. PRIZE DETAILS:
One (1) Bear Package Prize: Consists of one (1) Bear Archery Legit RTH RH Veil Whitetail Camo, one (1) Trophy Ridge React® One Pro™ RH .19, two (2) SIK SK2 Broadhead – 3/Pack, one (1) Tru-Fire® Hardcore Buckle Camo Foldback Release, one (1) Pine Ridge Archery Kwik Stand Bow Support – Black, two (2) Easton Axis 5MM Half Dozen Fletched Arrows – 6/Pack, and one (1) Morrell Yellow Jacket® YJ-380 Dual Threat Foam Target. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $1,340.29.
One (1) 3 Rivers Package Prize: Consists of one (1) 3 Rivers DAS Recurve Bow, one (1) GlenDel Buck, one (1) Easton Axis 5MM Half Dozen Fletched Arrows – 6/Pack, and three (3) SEVR Titanium 2.0 Broadhead (100g). ARV: $1,241.92.
One (1) SKYD Package Prize: Consists of one (1) SKYD 2023 Crossbow, two (2) Rage Hypodermic Crossbow NC (100g) – 3/Pack, one (1) Hurricane Category 5 High Energy Bag Target, and two (2) Carbon Express PileDriver 20″ Crossbolt – 3/Pack. ARV: $788.95.
One (1) TenPoint Package Prize: Consists of one (1) TenPoint Turbo S1, two (2) Rage Hypodermic Crossbow NC (100g) – 3/Pack, two (2) Carbon Express PileDriver 20″ Crossbolt – 3/Pack, and one (1) Morrell High Roller Foam™ Target. ARV: $1,748.95.
One (1) BowTech Package Prize: Consists of one (1) BowTech CP28 RH – Smoke Grey, one (1) Tru-Fire® Hardcore Buckle Camo Foldback Release, one (1) Nockturnal Shift Universal Red Lighted Nock – 2/Pack, one (1) Pine Ridge Archery Kwik Stand Bow Support – Red/White/Blue, two (2) Easton Axis 5MM Half Dozen Fletched Arrows – 6/Pack, (6) SEVR Titanium 2.0 Broadhead (100g), and one (1) Morrell Yellow Jacket® YJ-380 Dual Threat Foam Target. ARV: $1,770.24.
One (1) PSE Package #1 Prize: Consists of one (1) PSE 2022 EVO XF33 – Gore Subalpine, two (2) SIK SK2 Broadhead – 3/Pack, one (1) Tru-Fire® Hardcore Buckle Camo Foldback Release, one (1) Nockturnal Shift Universal Red Lighted Nock – 2/Pack, two (2) Easton Axis 5MM Half Dozen Fletched Arrows – 6/Pack, and one (1) Morrell Yellow Jacket® YJ-450 Plus Archery Target. ARV: $1,822.93.
One (1) PSE Package #2 Prize: Consists of one (1) PSE 2022 EVO XF30 – Gore Elevated II, two (2) SIK SK2 Broadhead – 3/Pack, one (1) Tru-Fire® Hardcore Buckle Camo Foldback Release, one (1) Nockturnal Shift Universal Red Lighted Nock – 2/Pack, two (2) Easton Axis 5MM Half Dozen Fletched Arrows – 6/Pack, and one (1) Morrell Yellow Jacket® YJ-450 Plus Archery Target. ARV: $1,722.93.
One (1) Hoyt & Easton Package #1 Prize: Consists of one (1) Hoyt Ventum Pro, one (1) Nockturnal Shift Universal Red Lighted Nock – 2/Pack, one (1) Easton Axis 5MM Half Dozen Fletched Arrows – 6/Pack, three (3) SEVR Titanium 2.0 Broadhead (100g), and one (1) Delta Mackenzie Bloodline Buck Target. ARV: $1,600.94.
One (1) Hoyt & Easton Package #2 Prize: Consists of one (1) Hoyt Ventum Pro, one (1) Nockturnal Shift Universal Red Lighted Nock – 2/Pack, one (1) Easton Axis 5MM Half Dozen Fletched Arrows – 6/Pack, three (3) SEVR Titanium 2.0 Broadhead (100g), and one (1) Delta Mackenzie Bloodline Buck Target. ARV: $1,700.94.
One (1) Rinehart Targets Package Prize: Consists of one (1) Rinehart Standing Elk 3D Foam Archery Target, one (1) Covert Blackhawk Wireless Game Camera -Verizon, one (1) Easton Axis 5MM Half Dozen Fletched Arrows – 6/Pack, three (3) SEVR Titanium 2.0 Broadhead (100g), one (1) Bushnell Broadhead Rangefinder, and one (1) Bushnell Vault Laser Rangefinder Pouch. ARV: $2,545.93.
One (1) Muzzy Bowfishing Package Prize: Consists of one (1) Muzzy® Bowfishing Vice Compound Bow Package, one (1) Bushnell 2023 Binocular, and one (1) Busnell Vault Binocular Pack. ARV: $719.97.
One (1) AXE Package Prize: Consists of one (1) AXE405 Crossbow, one (1) Rage Hypodermic Crossbow NC (100g) – 3/Pack, two (2) Carbon Express PileDriver 20″ Crossbolt – 3/Pack, and one (1) BLOCK 6×6 target. ARV: $1,989.95.
Thirty (30) Shirt Prizes: One (1) Bowhunters United Etched Logo Shirt. ARV: $25.00 each.
Seventy (70) Tumbler Prizes: One (1) Bowhunters United Tumbler. ARV: $20.00 each.
If a potential winner cannot or does not accept a prize as stated, such prize may be forfeited in its entirety. No cash equivalent or substitution of prize will be offered, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. No transfer of prize is permitted. Unclaimed prizes will not be awarded. If a prize, or any portion thereof, cannot be awarded for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize with another prize of equal or greater value. Winners will be responsible for all federal, state and/or local taxes, and for any other fees or costs associated with the prize he/she receives, regardless of whether it, in whole or in part, is used. Confirmed winners will be issued an IRS Form 1099 for the value of their prize, if applicable.
Total ARV of all prizes: $21,143.94. Any difference between the stated ARV of a prize and the actual value will not be awarded. All prize details not specified in the Official Rules will be determined in Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion.
6. INDEMNIFICATION: By participating in the Sweepstakes, Entrant agrees (and agrees to confirm in writing, if requested) to indemnify, release and hold harmless Sponsor and Promotion Parties, and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) and that such Released Parties shall have no liability whatsoever for and against any and all costs, injuries, losses or damages of any kind, including, without limitation, property damage, death, and bodily injury resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize or participation in this Sweepstakes or any Sweepstakes-related activities.
8. WINNER NOTIFICATION AND VERIFICATION: Potential winners will be notified by phone and/or email following the conclusion of the Sweepstakes Period. Potential winners must accept the prize, as indicated within the notification message, within five (5) calendar days of notification or the prize may be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner.
Winners may be required to complete, sign and return an IRS Form W-9 (including their social security number) and an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability Release and, where lawful, a Publicity Release within five (5) calendar days of prize notification by Sponsor or its designated administrator (Genesco Sports Enterprises, Inc.).
Sponsor and its agencies are not responsible for suspended or discontinued landline, wireless or online service which may result in a potential winner not receiving a prize notification; nor is Sponsor responsible for any change in Entrant’s email address, mailing address or phone number. If a potential winner does not respond to the prize-claim instructions within the time periods stated above and within the prize notification, cannot be verified or is otherwise unable to accept the prize as stated, the prize may be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner. Sponsor will attempt to notify the potential winners as set forth above, but Sponsor is not responsible for any undelivered emails, including without limitation emails that are not received because of a winner’s privacy or spam filter settings which may divert any Sweepstakes email, including any winner notification email, to a spam or junk folder. If Sponsor is unable to award or deliver a prize, the prize may not be re-awarded, as determined by Sponsor, in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Prizes will be shipped within six (6) to twelve (12) weeks of winner verification.
9. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION: The Released Parties are not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, incomplete, illegible, damaged or non-delivered Entries; or for interrupted or unavailable satellite, network, server, Internet Service Provider (“ISP”), Website, telephone or other connections, availability or accessibility, or miscommunications, or failed computer, satellite, telephone or cable transmissions, or lines, or technical failure or jumbled, corrupted, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions or computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures, or technical errors or difficulties, or other errors of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic or network or the incorrect or inaccurate capture of an Entry or other information or the failure to capture, or loss of, any such information. Persons who tamper with or abuse any aspect of this Sweepstakes or otherwise attempt to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair playing practices or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other Entrant or Sponsor representatives, as solely determined by the Sponsor, will be disqualified. Any use of robotic, automatic, macro, programmed or like methods of submitting an Entry will void all such Entries by such methods, and disqualify any Entrant using such methods. Released Parties are not responsible for injury or damage to Entrant’s or to any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in this Sweepstakes or downloading materials from or use of the Website. Should any portion of the Sweepstakes be, in Sponsor’s sole opinion, compromised by virus, worms, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, technical failures or other causes which, in the sole opinion of the Sponsor, corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play, or submission of Entries, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to suspend, modify or terminate the Sweepstakes, and select the potential winner(s) in a random drawing from all non-suspect, eligible Entries received prior to action taken or as otherwise deemed fair and appropriate by Sponsor. Released Parties are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Website users, human error, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes, and assume no responsibility for any error, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation, or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction, or unauthorized use of this Website. In case of a dispute, the authorized account subscriber of the email account used to enter the Sweepstakes at the actual time of Entry will be deemed to be the Entrant, and must comply with these Official Rules. The authorized account subscriber is deemed to be the natural person who is assigned an email address by an Internet Access Provider, on-line service provider, or other organization which is responsible for assigning email addresses.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY PERSON OR ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO DISQUALIFY AND SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
10. FORCE MAJEURE: In the event the Sponsor cannot continue the proper play and administration of the Sweepstakes as described herein, due to any event beyond Sponsor’s control, including but not limited to, fire, flood, epidemic or pandemic as declared by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, earthquake, labor dispute or strike, any act of God or public enemy, civil disturbance, war, or other similar cause not reasonably in the Sponsor’s control, Sponsor shall have the right, without prior notice to Entrant and at any time, to modify, suspend, or terminate the Sweepstakes in whole or in part.
11. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: BY PARTICIPATING IN SPONSOR’S SWEEPSTAKES, EACH ENTRANT AND PRIZE WINNER AGREES (AND AGREES TO CONFIRM IN WRITING IF REQUESTED) THAT TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW: ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES, OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED INCLUDING ANY TRAVEL OR PRIZE ACTIVITY RELATED THERETO, WILL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY THROUGH BINDING ARBITRATION AS SET FORTH BELOW, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION, AND ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND AWARDS WILL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL THIRD-PARTY, OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED (IF ANY), BUT IN NO EVENT WILL ATTORNEYS’ FEES BE AWARDED OR RECOVERABLE.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL THE SPONSOR OR THE RELEASED PARTIES BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF PROFITS, OR LOSS OF DATA, WHETHER IN AN ACTION IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING, NEGLIGENCE), OR OTHERWISE, ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED TO ENTRANT’S PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES OR USE OR INABILITY TO USE ANY PRIZE, EVEN IF A RELEASED PARTY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL THE AGGREGATE JOINT LIABILITY OF THE RELEASED PARTIES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO ENTRANT’S PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES OR USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE ANY PRIZE EXCEED $21,143.94.
THE LIMITATIONS SET FORTH IN THIS SECTION WILL NOT EXCLUDE OR LIMIT LIABILITY FOR PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE CAUSED BY THE RELEASED PARTIES’ GROSS NEGLIGENCE OR WILLFUL MISCONDUCT. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, ALL PRIZES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AND THE RELEASED PARTIES HEREBY DISCLAIM ALL SUCH WARRANTIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND/OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. ENTRANT AND PRIZE WINNER’S REMEDIES ARE LIMITED TO A CLAIM FOR MONETARY DAMAGES (IF ANY) AND ENTRANT IRREVOCABLY WAIVES ANY RIGHT TO SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR EQUITABLE RELIEF.
12. BINDING ARBITRATION: Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to this Sweepstakes shall be settled by binding arbitration in a location determined by the arbitrator as set forth herein (provided that such location is reasonably convenient for claimant), or at such other location as may be mutually agreed upon by the parties, in accordance with the procedural rules for commercial disputes set forth in the Comprehensive Arbitration Rules and Procedures of JAMS (the “JAMS Rules and Procedures”) then prevailing, and judgment upon the award rendered by the arbitrator(s) may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof. The arbitrator shall be selected pursuant to the JAMS Rules and Procedures. The arbitrator shall apply Virginia law consistent with the Federal Arbitration Act and applicable statutes of limitations, and shall honor claims of privilege recognized at law. In the event that the claimant is able to demonstrate that the costs of arbitration will be prohibitive as compared to the costs of litigation, Sponsor will pay as much of the claimant’s filing and hearing fees in connection with the arbitration as the arbitrator deems necessary to prevent the arbitration from being cost-prohibitive. If any part of this arbitration provision is deemed to be invalid, unenforceable or illegal (other than that claims will not be arbitrated on a class or representative basis), or otherwise conflicts with the rules and procedures established by JAMS, then the balance of this arbitration provision shall remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with its terms as if the invalid, unenforceable, illegal or conflicting provision were not contained herein. If, however, the portion that is deemed invalid, unenforceable or illegal is that claims will not be arbitrated on a class or representative basis, then the entirety of this arbitration provision shall be null and void, and neither claimant nor Sponsor shall be entitled to arbitrate their dispute. Upon filing a demand for arbitration, all parties to such arbitration shall have the right of discovery, which discovery shall be completed within sixty (60) days after the demand for arbitration is made, unless further extended by mutual agreement of the parties. THE ARBITRATION OF DISPUTES PURSUANT TO THIS PARAGRAPH SHALL BE IN THE ENTRANT’S INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING. THE ARBITRATOR MAY NOT CONSOLIDATE OR JOIN THE CLAIMS OF OTHER PERSONS OR PARTIES WHO MAY BE SIMILARLY SITUATED. DO NOT ENTER THIS SWEEPSTAKES IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO HAVE ANY CLAIM OR CONTROVERSY ARBITRATED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
13. GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION: By participating in the Sweepstakes, the Entrant agrees that all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, Entrant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules, and any matters or proceedings which are not subject to arbitration as set forth in these Official Rules and/or for entering any judgment on an arbitration award, shall take place in the Commonwealth of Virginia, in Fairfax County, Virginia. By participating, the Entrant consents to the jurisdiction and venue of the federal, state and local courts located in Fairfax County, Virginia.
14. WINNER’S LIST: The names of the winners may be obtained at the conclusion of the Sweepstakes Period by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Bowhunters Bonanza Sweepstakes Winner’s List, PO Box 130, c/o GSE, Dept. 22-8126-01, Glencoe, MN 55336-0130. Such requests must be received by Sponsor by February 10, 2024.