A successful bowhunting season filled your freezer with pounds upon pounds of lean, organic meat. This quick, easy recipe puts all of that venison to good use, and is a crowd pleaser among family and friends.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 17 minutes
Total Time: 22 minutes
Yield: 8 Tacos
Serving Size: 1 Taco
Calories per serving: 218
Fat per serving: 11.0
- 1 lb of venison, ground
- 8 flour tortillas, medium
- 2 oz. shredded fiesta cheese
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1-1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp dried minced garlic or garlic powder
- 2 tsp of dried minced onion or onion powder
- 1/4 tsp oregano, dried
- 1/2 tsp salt (optional)
- 1/4 cup of water
- 2 Roma tomatoes, diced, optional
- 2 cups shredded lettuce, optional
- First, fry the ground venison burger on medium-high heat, breaking it up as it fries, until it’s done. This should take about 10 minutes.
- Remove any excess grease and then add your spices and then add the water.
- Mix well and heat for two minutes. Then turn the heat to low and let it sit on the burner while you are assembling the tacos.
- Preheat your oven to 350ºF.
- Place a tortilla on a large cookie sheet, and put about 2 Tbsp. of shredded cheese on half of the tortilla.
- Then add about 3 Tbsp. of venison taco meat and sprinkle the meat with another 2 Tbsp. of shredded cheese.
- Fold the other half of the tortilla over and continue doing this until you are finished.
- Place the tacos in the oven and for about 5 minutes–just long enough to melt the cheese and very lightly toast the tortillas.
- Remove from the oven and open the tacos and add tomatoes, and lettuce.